Passionate Interventional Radiologist. Trained in both neuro and peripheral vascular interventions. Treating patients with compassion and empathy.
MBBS – PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore – 2012
MD – St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore – 2017
DNB – National Board of Examination – 2018
FRCR – Royal College of Radiologist, London – 2020
FNVIR – Christian Medical College, Vellore – 2020
11 Years of Experience
Consultant Interventional Radiologist
- Won 2nd prize in the Resident’s Quiz conducted by the Dept. of Radiology, CMC Vellore during Postgraduate Refresher Course 2016.
- Secured distinctions in Pharmacology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Community Medicine and Paediatrics during MBBS.
- Babu AAS, Keshava SN, Kalva S. Academics during the Pandemic: Adapting to a “New Norm”. Journal of Clinical Interventional Radiology ISVIR 2020; 4(02): 065 DOI: 10.1055/s-0040- 1715430.
- Krishnan N, Babu AAS, Sekar S, Swamiappan E, Babu KR, Saxena SK Periorbital Inner Canthal Arteriovenous Malformations: Percutaneous Glue Embolization in Three Cases. Journal of Clinical Interventional Radiology ISVIR 2020; 4(01): 55-59 DOI: 10.1055/s-0039-3401328
- Babu AAS, Padmanabhan A, Khera PS, Sonwalkar H. Better Safe than Sorry: Interventional Radiology Should Be Prepared for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic. Journal of Clinical Interventional Radiology ISVIR 2020; 4(01): 38-41 DOI: 10.1055/s-0040-1710145
- Biswas A, Babu AA, Neelakantan S, Sarkar PS. Superior mesenteric artery syndrome: CT Findings. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Jun 28;2016. pii: bcr2016215885. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-215885.
- Neelakantan S, Babu AA, Anandarajan R. ‘Dot in circle sign’: A characteristic finding in ultrasound and MR imaging of soft tissue mycetomas. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Oct 4;2016. pii: bcr2016216502. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-216502.
- Neelakantan S, Babu AA, Anandarajan R, Philip B. Hepatic hydatid disease presenting as secondary Budd- Chiari syndrome. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Sep 28;2016. pii: bcr2016217118. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-217118.
- Vascular & non vascular Interventional Radiology.
- Neurointerventional procedures – Mechanical Thrombectomy, intracranial aneurysm coiling/ flow diversion, embolization of vascular malformations of brain and spine.
- Stroke Imaging.
He was previously working as a Consultant, Department of Interventional Radiology, Christian Medical College.