Prasanna Kumar S is an ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist and has an experience of 26+ years in this field.
MBBS from University Of Mysore, India in 1993,
Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, (KIMS) in 1997
DNB – ENT National Board of Examinations, New Delhi in 1999.
26 Years of Experience
Clinical Expertise :
- Micro Ear Surgery
- Endoscopic Nasal surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgery of the Airway
- Complete Ent Care
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery – Fess
- Microsurgery Of The Larynx
- Micro Voice Surgery
- Head And Neck Surgery
- Vertigo Treatment
- Ear Micro Surgery
- Throat And Voice Problem
- Hearing Aid Fitting
- Ear Lobe Repair
- Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
- Cochlear Implant
- Nose bleed Treatment
- Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
- Head And Neck Tumor / Cancer Surgery
- Hearing Deficiency Assessment
- Sinonasal Malignancies
- S. Prasanna Kumar, A. Ravikumar. Biometric Study of the Internal Dimensions of Subglottis and Upper Trachea in Adult Indian Population. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, DOI 10.1007/s12070-012-0477-x
- S. Prasanna Kumar, A. Ravikumar, L. Somu Modified Radical Mastoidectomy: A Relook at the Surgical Pitfalls Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg DOI 10.1007/s12070-011-0466-5
- S. Prasanna Kumar, A. Ravikumar, L. Somu, P. Vijaya Prabhu, RajavelMundakannan Subbaiya Periyasamy Subbaraj, TracheostomalMyiasis: A Case Report and Review of the Literature, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Case Reports in Otolaryngology Volume 2011, Article ID 303510, 3 pages doi:10.1155/2011/303510
- S. Prasanna Kumar, A. Ravikumar, L. Somu, Nazrin Mohd Ismail, Malignant otitis externa: An emerging scourge, Journal of Clinical Gerontology and Geriatrics, Available online 6 May 2013, ISSN 2210-8335, 10.1016/j.jcgg.2013.02.003.
- Prasanna Kumar S, et al. Role of Montgomery T-tube stent for laryngotracheal stenosis. Auris Nasus Larynx – April 2014 (Vol. 41, Issue 2, Pages 195-200, DOI: 10.1016/j.anl.2013.10.008, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.anl.2013.10.008
- Prasanna Kumar S, A Ravikumar, Somu L, Srinivasa Reddy. Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma: Our Experience. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2014; Vol. 3, Issue 01, January,06; Page: 561-566, DOI:10.14260/jemds/2014/1865
- Prasanna Kumar S, A.Ravikumar, Somu L, Nazrin Md Ismail. “Cystic Lymphangioma: An Atypical Presentation”. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2014; Vol. 3, Issue 05, February, 03; Page: 1075-1080, DOI:10.14260/jemds/2014/1948
- Saravanam Prasanna Kumar, Arunachalam Ravikumar, Lakshmanan Somu, Fungal necrotizing fasciitis of the head and neck in 3 patients with uncontrolled diabetes. Ear, nose, & throat journal (Impact Factor: 1.03). 03/2014; 93(3): E18-21.
Awards and Honours:
- Dr. P.A. Shah Gold Medal for consultant prize paper at AOICON2011, 63rd National Annual conference of the otolaryngologist of India. For the paper “An animal model for laryngotracheal injuries: A pilot study”.
- Prof. Gnanathilakam Gold medal for “innovation in ENT for designing a new indigenous laryngotracheal stent”
- Dr. Sergio G Litewka Patent Awardee Gold medal for Sri Ramachandra University Faculty member securing Indian Patent, 10/ 04 /2014
- Prof. K.K. Ramalingam Gold Medal for practicing ENT Surgeon at AOI- 5th south zone & 13th TNCON 09, for the paper “Morphometric analysis of the internal dimensions of the subglottis and trachea”.
- Prof. K.K. Ramalingam Gold Medal for practicing ENT Surgeon at AOI- 14th TNCON 10, Erode, for the paper “Atticoantral disease revisite
- AOI Andra Pradesh gold medal for the consultant at AOI-6th south zone for the paper “Fungal infections of head and neck”.
Fellowships / Memberships:
- Association of Otolaryngologist of India
- Association of Otolaryngologist of India, Tamilnadu Chapter.
- Member of the National Academy of Medical Science.
- Member of the Indian Association of Surgeons for Sleep Apnea
- Member Laryngology and Voice Association
- Member Indian Association of Otology