Dr Somesh Vanchilingam is Senior Consultant Neuro Specialist and Stroke Doctor at Dr. Vanchilingam Hospital. He has been instrumental in transforming the hospital into a full-fledged fully equipped neurology center of international standards as it stands now with an infrastructure and expertise to handle all neurological and neurosurgical conditions both acute and chronic.
Dr.Somesh Vanchilingam is one of the state’s first and finest interventional neuro specialist known for his excellence expertise in the neurointerventional treatment of stroke. He has done more than 500 Angiograms, 50 Aneurysm coilings and performed complex neurointerventional procedures to treat acute stroke. Since 2007, he is the chief consultant neurologist, stroke, Interventional and Critical care neurologist in Dr. Vanchilingam Hospital. Along with that, he is also a visiting consultant and Interventional Neurologist in Appasamy Hospital, Arumbakkam, Chennai and Visiting Consultant Neurologist in WeCare Medical Center, Dubai, UAE. Earlier, he worked as a senior research fellow to Dr.Shakir Husain who is India’s leading interventional neurologist in the Department of Neuroendovascular Therapy at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and at MAX Super Speciality Hospitals at Saket, New Delhi.
His professional affiliation includes:
- Association of Physicians of India
- Indian Association of Neurology
- Indian stoke association
- American Academy of Neurology
- Movement Disorder Society
30 Years of Experience
Clinical Expertise :
Stroke and interventional Neurologist
- Stroke services
- Brain aneurysm
- Neuro intensive care management
- Epilepsy treatment
- Interventional neurology
- Degenerative diseases – Parkinsons disease, multiple sclerosis, Acute and chronic demylinating diseases.
- Memory disorders
- Disc disorders
- Pediatric neurology
- Women’s neurology
Trial Coordinator, PREVAIL Clinical Study (2004-2006)
- Thesis – Structural lesions of the brain causing seizures with special reference to Neurocysticercosis & Tuberculoma – A Study. (MD General Medicine) – Study Coordinator, PROFESS Clinical Trial (2004-2007)
- Thesis – Restless leg syndrome – A clinical, etiological & electrophysiological study (DM Neurology) – INSPIRE TRIAL 2009